Friday, December 6, 2013

Marc Jacobs’s Ghesquière Verdict

Marc Jacobs firmly approves of the appointment of his Louis Vuitton successor, Nicolas Ghesquière. 

"He is a brilliant designer and he'll do something completely different," said Jacobs. "I've always admired Nicolas. I'm curious to see what he'll do. We have such different aesthetics. Things need to change. I'm really glad someone I respect and admire, and think is a really great talent, is there."

Jacobs left in October to focus on his eponymous label, which is heading for an IPO - a prospect he finds a little daunting.

"I'm a little scared," he said at a talk with architect Peter Marino held at the Tate Modern last night, reports The Telegrahp. "A healthy fear. I don't know where it's all going to go. I learned a lot from working for Vuitton."

No comments:

Post a Comment