Friday, October 3, 2014

Carven's Designer Search As Henry Bows Out

Carven will today begin looking for a new creative director, following the announcement that Guillaume Henry is set to depart later this year. Although executives are in talks with "several successors", the company revealed, all other brand plans continue apace.


"We are going to carry on with our development in terms of store openings and segments, because our strategy is already set," Carven CEO Henri Sebaoun said. "Carven is a creative brand. My main objective when I bought Carven was to bring it back to the forefront of fashion by setting trends. I think we have accomplished that over the last five years. The idea is to keep up that ambition, so naturally we will be recruiting a new artistic director to represent the house. For the time being, I am in discussions. I don't want to confuse speed and haste."



Henry has been linked with the Nina Ricci creative job currently still occupied by Peter Copping, who is rumored to be heading to Oscar de la Renta and late on Friday it was confirmed he will leave in November.



"I was very happy to work with Guillaume for practically six years," Sebaoun told WWD. "We accomplished great things together and today, one chapter is closing and a new adventure is beginning for Carven. I hope that, for his part, he will know as much joy as he has known by my side."



Henry showed his final Carven collection on Thursday. He was enlisted before the former couture house relaunched in 2009, and has been the only designer at its helm since.

No comments:

Post a Comment