Friday, October 3, 2014

Galliano Tipped For Margiela Couture Job

As soon as he hinted that he would make a step by step return to fashion, industry sources have been clamouring to call his subtle re-entry point: step forward Maison Martin Margiela. Reports this morning suggest that the former Dior designer may already be in talks to create a couture line for the French-based brand, suggesting he has "already hired five or six staff members for his atelier in Paris".


Whether or not there is truth to the Margiela rumours, Galliano's desire to rebuild his fashion legacy is self-confessed.



"I have yet to design my best collection," he told French newspaper Le Point earlier this summer. "The new Galliano will be even bigger and better… I love working, it's my therapy. I can draw until four in the morning every night and not feel tired… I've come face to face with my demons, medicine and alcohol. I have rebuilt myself again."



Galliano - who made his tentative first steps back into fashion in 2013 with a "temporary studio residency" at Oscar de la Renta is currently acting as creative director for Russian perfumery chain L'Etoile, and his representative asserted that no deal has yet been signed: "He's having active and ongoing conversations with a few companies," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment